Tuesday, February 8, 2011

10w5d

I had my first appointment with the new OB today.  She is okay.  I like my old one better, but she is much closer to my house so I'm going to stick with her.

Both babies are doing well.  One measured 11 weeks & was 1.5 inches long.  The other measured 11w1d and was 1.6 inches long.

It is torture going so long without seeing them.  I was spoiled at the fertility doctor getting to see them every week.  I know that I have already seen them more than most people do in their entire pregnancy so I should be happy.  It's just such a relief to see the heartbeat and know everything is okay.  Now I understand why Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes supposedly bought an ultrasound machine for their house.  I would totally do that and check in on them every day if I could!

I did buy a doppler to listen for heartbeats.  I can't really hear anything right now but the doppler picks something up and gives me a heartrate.  I have no idea if it is accurate or not.  Especially since I don't hear anything.  It's still kind of early too so I'm not worrying about it.  I am hoping that it works well by the time I meet up with J in Florida so he can hear them.  And later in the pregnancy it will definitely be a good way to not worry so much about them if I can hear the heartbeats.  I hope it works eventually.

I haven't been doing much lately.  I am tired and nauseous all the time so after work I either lay on the couch watching television or I sleep.  I'm so lazy!  I have no energy to do anything - so I apologize for this blog being so lame and quiet.  I appreciate those of you who still check in!

It's almost 10:00 pm and I need to send J an email before bed.  I will leave you with a couple of pictures from today.  She gave me 4 photos.  2 of them are of both babies together but I think it is a shot that either shows the top of their heads of their bottoms because it is just circles - not very exciting.  The other 2 photos she gave me are of the same shot.  I think she was trying to give me a photo of each baby but ended up doing the same one twice.  Oh well.  That one is my favorite because it almost resembles a human (...sort of) and not just a circle!


1 comment:

  1. I have to admit, i check your blog every day hoping for an update. I was pleasantly surprised today...finally! lol I'm glad you're doing well and i hope that nausea goes away in the next couple weeks (don't let the 12 week mark fool you...mine lasted an extra couple weeks past that and i was not prepared for that!). Once you start feeling kicks, it will be super reassuring and you probably won't rely so much on the doppler. I hope that you find time to blog more often....i think about you a lot and live for these updates...haha. And once you start really showing, i hope you take belly pics!!

    ReplyDelete